Tuesday, September 20, 2005

why, why, why???

I still can't understand who really *&^% up most of the things on this planet. People are totally trashing this earth. Mainly the people who live in the city. You walk down the street, you will see plastic everywhere. Sometimes even rich people throw rubbish from their cars while on the road. That really peeves me off. Why can't they just stop by a rubbish bin and drop the s**t?

The situation is quite different when you go to a small village or a small town. I was so surprised when I went to Salem recently. They had cleaned up the storm water drain which used to smell so bad. But, now only the rain water flows in the drain and it's so great someone actually thought about things. I wish we would get some thinking people here in Chennai.

I think the more we rape the earth of it's resources, the more disasters that we are going to face e.g earthquakes, tsunamis and hurricanes. I guess I am becoming more and more of a greenie. I don't think people ever consider the idea/fact that one day we are going to run out of resources. Even basic things like water, we won't have. Chennai people are the great example of how to conserve water. Man, some people do really make me angry. I have seen people who forget to turn the tap off at restaurants just after they had washed their hands. That's pathetic. I really hope someone will teach them not waste resources.

On a different topic, the shape of the beach has changed a lot in the last month or so. It seems this might have something to do with the tusnami we had 6 months or so ago. The sea water has come in further in land in some places and some places the water has gone so far away, it's pretty scarey when I run on the beach. You can't really predict when the high tide would return. We really need to treat the nature with respect or else it won't treat us with any respect at all. I guess we haven't learnt anything at all so far with the recent natural disasters. Well, the history is that we never learn from the history.

Ah... yeah! I am getting into shape now, I ran for an hour or so today and felt really good. Good to be fit again!

2 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Tanvir Kazmi said...

Hey Jacob... no updates for a long time, whats up man. Howz the running going. Coming to mumbai marathon?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello,

My name is Shumit and I am training for the marathon too along with a friend from office. If you like to join us on long runs you could reach me at 98843 49065. It will be cool to have more people in when we do long distances.

Hope to hear from you soon.

later,
Shumit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home